At the end of 2018, Principal Heather Wilhelm retired. It is with much gratitude that we appreciate Principal Wilhelm for her 30 years of service to the Hawaii Public Schools. We honor Ms. Wilhelm for her 15 years of service at the Home of the Mighty Egrets.
Four years ago today, I became Mililani Uka ES Vice Principal. And when this semester began, I was appointed to be the Interim Principal and School Counselor Dana DeRego was appointed to be the Interim Vice Principal. As we wait for our new principal to be hired; Mrs. DeRego and I will continue to serve our staff, students, their families and community with Uka Pride.
The month of February will create many happy memories for our Mighty Egrets.
- This past Friday was the ‘ĀINA In Schools Garden-Based Learning Garden Party. We applaud ‘ĀINA Facilitator Brooke Dods and the ‘ĀINA volunteers who prepared the various garden beds for the upcoming planting.
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) visit is scheduled for February 25-28, 2019. For the past two years our staff collaborated and worked diligently on the WASC self-study process. Student Services Coordinator Lorene Park spearheads this process as our WASC Self-Study Coordinator. Last Friday, we reached an important milestone — Mililani Uka ES WASC Self-Study Report was submitted to the WASC Visiting Committee. We are all so very excited with this significant accomplishment that involves our school’s stakeholders.
- One component of the state-wide Smarter Balanced Assessment (SBA) is underway for our grades 3, 4 and 5 students. In addition, our English Learners (EL) will be assessed with the WIDA ACCESS assessment that is required for all identified English Learners in grades K-12.
- Librarian Cindy Shaw planned our annual Scholastic Book Fair that will be held from February 4-8, 2019. We hope to see you at the Book Fair Parent Night on 2/6/19.
- The annual Lion Dance will welcome the Year of the Boar and bring good fortune to our school community.
- Mililani Complex Character Counts Fair will be held at the Mililani High School Carnival on Saturday 2/16/19 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. This is the first year that this complex-wide event will be held during the MHS Carnival. After MHS Administration provides additional information, you will be advised accordingly.
We are looking forward to what will be unfolding in 2019. Mahalo for your continued support.
With Uka Pride,
Congratulations Principal Heather Wilhelm on your retirement. Mililani Uka `Ohana honors and appreciates your 15 years of service at the Home of the Mighty Egrets. After 30 years of service to the Hawaii Public Schools as a School Counselor, District Resource Teacher, Vice Principal and Principal. Cheers to a well deserved retirement … each day will shower you with good health and happiness. Your new journey will be even better than you ever imagined. And always remember to “Soar On High” with Uka Pride!