I hope you all had a fun summer.
Next week will be a busy one as the last week before school begins on August 1st.
Here are some dates to be aware of:
- July 22 – If you ordered school supplies from SKOOL TOOLS, you can continue to pick them up from the school office.
- July 25 – Due to new DOE regulations, class lists from Grades 1-5 will be posted in front of the office from 7:30am to 4:00pm, Monday through Friday. Due to privacy concerns lists will only be available during school hours. (No photo taking will be allowed). Lunch payments will be taken in the office. Check should be made to Mililani Uka Elementary School.
- July 29 – Meet and Greet your child’s teachers from 4-6pm (Grade PreK, 1-5). If you ordered school shirts by the June 14 deadline, they will be ready for pick-up next to the office. Kindergarten Orientation will be at 6pm in the cafeteria.
- August 1 – Deadline to submit parent requests for our Gifted and Talented Program (Quest). You can pick up the forms from the school office, or download the form here.
- August 3 – Kindergarten class lists will be posted outside the office at 3pm. Meet and Greet will be from 5-6pm.
*Mid August – The City will begin paving Kuahelani Ave. in front of our school during the second week of school. Traffic will be especially busy before and after school as you pick up your children from the front parking lot. Please plan for the delay. Cars will be asked to move forward if your child is not at the curb. No parking will be allowed next to the sidewalk in the school parking lot.
Currently we have several facilities improvement projects on our campus at this time. The slope erosion project behind our school is almost complete. Our school is being prepared for the Ka Hei Photovoltaic installation on the roofs of our library, D, and E buildings. By the end of August we hope to have the upgrade of our cafeteria sound system and additional ceiling fans installation completed.
A special welcome all of our new families to our Mililani Uka Ohana! Please explore our website (mililaniuka.org) for our most updated information about our shcool. Our latest update is the inclusion of the singing of our Mililani Egret Chorus. Listen here.
See you all soon!
Heather Wilhelm, Principal
Mililani Uka Elementary
“Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.”